A quick thank you…

July 17th, 2009

Some days nice things just happen (and as we know, the other 363 days what’s mostly happening is something that only a dung farmer can appreciate) and I had one of those days recently as I noticed that the kind people over at Rockler had blogrolled me. Thank you Kim for this brief lapse in judgment!

In all honesty, as each day passes, I’m just proud that the references to me out there on the web are not for something embarrassing, such as a youtube video of me being caught riding a pony completely drunk wearing only a diaper (If I wasn’t clear there, I’m the one wearing the diaper… the pony is completely drunk).

I will strive to post more on topic about woodworking. In general though, I’m just trying to have a good time here… and for me a good time is writing a post that others find amusing, then a little disturbing, and ultimately nauseating. That is the cycle of life for my standard post.

Now time to head off for the weekend and celebrate with some beverages and Rhonda (Rhonda’s my pony). Wooohoooo!

Rhonda getting ready to party

Rhonda getting ready to party

1. ed
    July 17th, 2009 at 13:53 | #1

Hey….wait a minute. I know how to spot a fake photo when I see it. You didn’t even have the budget to do a good Photoshop edit. That was done with MS Paint, you loser.

2. Chris
    July 18th, 2009 at 20:12 | #2

Wood Zealot,

I love what you’re doing here on your site. I hope you don’t get put off by that dude in the commentary of Rockler’s post.

Great stuff, I really appreciate it.

Thank you.

3. July 19th, 2009 at 20:25 | #3

Rhonda’s looking snazzy with that Tina Turner ‘do. Not many ponies can pull that off.

4. JC
    July 21st, 2009 at 10:06 | #4

Don’t feel bad about not havinga pony. You have a pet woodchuck. How awesome is that?!

5. July 23rd, 2009 at 13:10 | #5

Zealot – (Or is it Charles? I had a hard time choosing among the names you listed as acceptable on your “About Me” page!)

You’re very welcome. Adding the Wood Zealot to our blogroll was a no-brainer! Love your posts, whether they’re on woodworking or not. Never be ashamed of Rhonda, or Mr. Woodchuck. After all, you need something to fill up your category of “Things other than people that poop”.

And you can thank Kari over at The Village Carpenter, too – we found you through her on Twitter! Blog on! And check out our blog, Buzz Saw, once in a while: http://www.rockler.com/blog (shameless plug).

6. Scottiebill
    July 26th, 2009 at 13:21 | #6

I agree with Chris. That old grouch on the Rockler blog may not like your sense of humor, but I, for one, love it. I only wish I had your way with words. Keep up the great blogging.

BTW, Is he Chris who posted here the same Chris that is at the Beaverton, Oregon Rockler store? I have bought quite a number of items from him and know him to be completely professional and extremely knowligible about Rocker product and woodworking in general.

7. July 27th, 2009 at 06:43 | #7

@JC I still want the pony.

@rocklerwoodworking. I had suspected that Kari had something to do with it… she rocks!! I’ve subscribed to your blog and added you on Facebook. I recommend others do the same as some great deals find there way there. And I’m all for shameless plugs so plug away! http://www.woodzealot.com

@Scottiebill Thanks man! Appreciate the kind words! I’m guessing that the Chris that spoke up on the Rockler blog is the same Chris who commented above. Whichever Chris he is I am again grateful for the support!

8. Chris
    July 28th, 2009 at 11:12 | #8

Scottiebill,

I’m sorry to tell you that I am not the same Chris you know at the Rockler Store in Oregon. I’m down here in San Diego. I was the one who posted on Rockler’s blog though.

Cheers,